Hello Seany’s CR4TS families,
We would like to share with you a fun opportunity in our community. San Diego Civic Youth Ballet in Balboa Park has begun enrollment for Ballet for Me! Ballet for Me! is a classical ballet program for children ages 6-10 years old with unique physical needs. Instructor Kerri De Nies was only five years old when she was diagnosed with a hip disease that resulted in her legs being put into braces, preventing her from walking unsupported. She was unable to continue with her ballet training due to years of physical restrictions. This class is meant to break those barriers and provide every child the opportunity to dance. Dance is known to provide confidence, a platform for self-expression and strength training. This is a perfect opportunity for our camp friends with physical limitations ranging from weakness to our friends in wheelchairs.
The small class size will allow for focus on personalized attention. There will also be a costumed in-studio performance at the end of the 8 week session.
Class meets for 8 weeks every Friday from 4-5pm. April 10-May 29, 2015. Fee is $100.
HOW TO ENROLL (step-by-step):
1. Fill out our Online Registration Form
2. Read, understand and sign the updated SDCYB Parent & Student Handbook
3. Fill out our Dancer’s Medical History & Physician/Physical Therapist Statement Form and return it to SDCYB.
5. Plan a visit if possible to our location prior to enrollment to view the facilities, classroom & meet the instructors.
6. Enroll for the class session and pay the tuition at the time of enrollment to reserve your spot!